Upper Leg Pain Exercises
Doing upper leg pain exercises will relieve pain, alleviate stress, and reduce the amount of inflammation or swelling your injury may be causing. It is important to understand that when you participate in upper leg pain exercises and stretches, that you do so with the proper protective gear. Products such as Cho-Pat® Thigh Compression Sleeve and Cho-Pat® IT Band Strap will provide you with the support you need during your exercises, aiding in proper healing.
After doing upper leg pain stretches and exercises, take some time to use the RangeRoller™ XL or Original to dig down and massage those muscles and tendons. Not only will it provide a needed massage, but it will also help to eliminate scar tissue and encourage healing.
Upper Leg Pain Stretches
Some of the upper leg pain stretches recommended by Medi-Dyne include:
- CoreStretch™ – Using the CoreStretch™, there are many upper leg pain exercises that you can do. They include:
- Sitting in a chair, rest the padded foam bar across your lap. Adjust the handles so you are in a comfortable position. Cross one leg over the top of the other, with the ankle resting on top of the opposite knee. Lean forward to feel the stretch. Hold, release, and repeat on the other side.
- Standing straight up, rest the foam bar across your lap and hold onto the handles in a comfortable position. Keeping your legs straight, bend forward at the waist to achieve a deep stretch.
- Sitting on the floor, put your legs straight out in front of you and open them up to a wide spread. With the foam bar in your lap and your hands comfortably holding the handles, lean forward slowly.
- ITB Stretch – Stand near something that you can hold for balance with your right hand. With your left leg, cross the ankle over the right ankle. Raise your left arm above your head, reaching toward the right, feeling a deep stretch in the left hip and upper leg. Hold for 30 counts and release. Turn and do it on the other side.
Contact Medi-Dyne today for the medically approved tools needed to do your upper leg pain stretches and exercises. Call us at 800.810.1740 or 817-251-8660.