Lower Back Pain
Lower back pain is a very common medical issue. Most people will suffer from lower back pain at least once in their life, often requiring a visit to the doctor, but not necessarily every time. The good news is that understanding what some lower back pain causes and symptoms are can help you to seek the proper treatment. Please see our lower back pain exercises for helpful tools for pain relief.
Have lower back pain? Try Medi-Dyne’s 2Step Solution for back pain.
Lower Back Pain Causes
There are many lower back pain causes, making lower back pain a very common issue. Some of the causes of lower back pain are unavoidable, but even if you already have lower back pain, taking immediate action and understanding the root cause will prevent further pain.
- Muscle strains – Strains in the back muscles often occur when you lift a heavy object, make a sudden awkward move, or are not in shape for that type of lifting.
- Arthritis – In some situations, osteoarthritis affects the lower back and can even lead to spinal stenosis.
- Osteoporosis – If you suffer from osteoporosis, the weak bones can cause compression fractures of the spine, resulting in pain.
- Excessive Weight – Overweight individuals tend to suffer more often from lower back pain symptoms than do those of a healthy weight, due to the extra pressure put on their bodies.
Lower Back Pain Symptoms
Many lower back pain symptoms go ignored because individuals do not understand that they are experiencing a symptom of a possibly larger issue. If you feel the symptoms of lower back pain, seek out a physician who can help you to find the treatment solutions. Some common lower back pain symptoms include:
- Constant or random aching in the muscles of the lower back
- Shooting or stabbing pain
- Pain that shoots from the hip down the leg
- Limited flexibility of the back
- Difficulty standing or sitting straight up
- Bowel or bladder problems
- Throbbing in the abdomen
Lower Back Pain Treatment
- Tuli’s 3/4 Gaitors® – Tuli’s Gaitors® offer shock absorption that allow the back more comfort. With a cushioned heel and the most comfort from toe to heel, Gaitors provide the relief you need to participate in your everyday activities. This product is light-weight ultra-thin carbon fiber orthotic encourages proper gaitand alignment. It promotes proper posture to limit back pain.
- CoreStretch™ – CoreStretch™ offers the most effective stretch of the lower back. Available for use in a physical therapist’s office, or for use at home, this delivers immediate relief for lower back pain.
- RangeRoller XL ™ – The RangeRoller XL™ is a mult-layer massage therapy tool designed to massage down to the inner layers of muscles and tissues. This increases circulation, warms the muscles, and relieves knots in the lower back. The innovative RangeRoller® XL enables massaging of both outer and inner layers of muscle and connective tissue with exclusive Trigger Treads™ . It increases circulation, relieves knots, warms muscles, eliminates scar tissue, and improves overall performance. The XL (extra large) length allows you to massage hard to reach.