What is Knee Pain?
Knee pain- it can come on suddenly, be chronic, result as the byproduct of an injury, or even be genetic. With such a wide range of knee pain issues, it is important to seek out medical support so you can determine the treatment that is right for your condition. Once you know the source of your knee pain, check out the knee pain exercises to learn about options for easing your pain.
Knee Pain Causes
Some of the most common knee pain causes include:
- Runner’s Knee – A condition that affects the cartilage under the kneecap.
- Jumper’s Knee – A condition due to inflammation or injury to the patellar tendon. Pain from Jumper’s Knee affects the tendon in the front of the lower leg.
- Weak Knees – A condition that is often chronic or hereditary but can also result from overuse, muscle weakness, and overcompensation.
- Osgood-Schlatter Disease – A condition that often occurs in children as they hit growth spurts during puberty.
- Patellar Tendonitis – An inflammation or injury to the patellar tendon, the cord-like tissue that joins the patella (kneecap) to the tibia (shin bone). It is often caused by overuse.
- Arthritis – A condition that occurs when the joints of the body become inflamed.
Knee Pain Symptoms
Just as there are many knee pain causes, there are also many knee pain symptoms. Some common knee pain symptoms include:
- Instability in the legs
- Weakness in the knee
- Swelling or inflammation of the knee
- Redness or warmth surrounding the joint of the knee
- Popping noises when you move your knee
- Difficulty standing or straightening the leg
- Pain that increases when you bend the knee joint
- Pain that limits your ability to participate in everyday activities or sports
Understanding that all knee pain symptoms lead to individualized diagnosis, it is important to speak to a medical professional so that you can properly diagnose the knee pain you are feeling. Upon diagnosing it properly, you can seek the knee pain treatment that is appropriate for your condition.
Knee Pain Treatment
Knee pain treatment options are typically condition-specific. While you are looking for immediate relief, the best knee pain treatment also requires steps towards long term healing.
- Cho-Pat® Dual Action Knee Strap – Offers full mobility while relieving pain and weakness.
- Cho-Pat® Original Knee Strap – This provides support, mobility, and comfort to the user during activities that involve the knee.
- Cho-Pat® Patellar Stabilizer - Improves patellar (knee cap) tracking resulting in less knee degeneration, inflammation, and pain.
- Cho-Pat® Dynamic Knee Compression Sleeve - Provides the ideal combination of compression, breathability, support, and warmth for reducing pain and promoting healing.
- Tuli’s® Heavy Duty Heel Cups – These are the perfect shock absorbers for your athletic shoes. Helps to lessen stress on your knees.
Long Term Healing
Stretch & Strengthen
- ProStretch Plus™ - The safest, most effective stretch of the hamstrings and lower leg muscles, ProStretch Plus can stretch and strengthen the muscles supporting the knees.
- RangeRoller™ Original – A deep massage to the muscles and tissues, relieving pain, increasing circulation, and improving performance overall.