Upper Leg Pain
Upper leg pain is something that can be constant, intermittent, suddenly develop, or gradually progressing. Some upper leg pain symptoms are simply uncomfortable or annoying, but others may be more severe, perhaps even limiting your ability to participate in regular activities such as walking or running. We offer helpful upper leg pain exercises and support that provide needed pain relief from tight hamstrings, IT band syndrome, and tight hip flexor pain.
Upper Leg Pain Causes
There are many factors that play into causes of upper leg pain. Some upper leg pain causes include:
- Hamstring injuries
- Overuse of the hip, hamstrings, and/or knees
- A broken bone
- Blood clots
- Varicose veins
- Hip or knee injuries
- Torn ligaments, muscles, tendons, and/or soft tissues
While sometimes pain and injury will happen no matter what you do, some causes are avoidable if you know what to look for. For example, arthritis might be an unavoidable cause of upper leg pain, whereas overuse injuries can be avoided if you know how to stretch, rest, and perform with proper techniques.
Upper Leg Pain Symptoms
Upper leg pain symptoms range from those that are hard to detect to those that make you want to stay in bed. Depending on the cause of your upper leg pain, the symptoms may be different. For example, a broken bone would cause immediate pain to the upper leg and surrounding area. An overuse injury, on the other hand, might begin to ache a little after you participate in an activity but get gradually worse over time. The following are some upper leg pain symptoms for which you should seek medical attention:
- Swelling of the hips or knees
- Stiffness in the hips and/or knees
- Cramps in the muscles of the upper leg
- Inability to walk or move the legs
Upper Leg Pain Treatment
It is essential to the wellbeing of your leg to seek out proper upper leg pain treatment for your issue. Whether it is a big injury or a small ache, the following upper leg pain treatment options should help you find immediate relief and long-term healing from the pain:
- Cho-Pat® IT Band Strap – If you suffer from IT Band Syndrome, the Cho-Pat® IT Band Strap diffuses pain at the location of your injury, alleviating discomfort and pain.
- Cho-Pat® Thigh Compression Sleeve – If you suffer from tight hamstrings, the Cho-Pat® Thigh Compression Sleeve is the product you need to wear while you participate in activities and sports, providing the upper leg with support, pain relief, warmth, and healing.
- CoreStretch™ - The CoreStretch™ is designed to provide a deep stretch that reaches every layer of muscles, tendons, and ligaments in the upper leg, offering immediate relief.
- RangeRoller™– The RangeRoller XL™ is a tool that works well to provide the user with relief from tight hamstrings. The Original offers users suffering from IT Band Syndrome the deep massage they need for relief.