What are Sore Feet?
The causes of sore feet range from pain caused by physical activities to pain caused by genetics. Often times, sore feet manifest themselves in conditions such as plantar fasciitis, arthritis, a bunion, and more. The good news is that sore feet are often easily treated.
Sore Feet Relief
Your feet and ankles are designed to bear weight. The 33 joints, 107 ligaments, 19 muscles and 26 bones in your feet are capable of adjusting to almost any terrain. But your feet are under a lot of pressure. In fact, the actual pressure on your feet exceeds your body weight, and when you’re running, it can be three or four times your weight.
While the padding in your feet is designed to absorb shock, many people complain about tired, aching feet. Your feet aren’t supposed to hurt, yet 75% of Americans will experience foot health problems during their lives. The good news is that most foot pain is preventable and treatable.
Sore Feet Causes
Sore feet are never fun to deal with and can leave you looking for a massage at every turn. One important thing to keep in mind is that you need those feet to get around, so you should be sure to understand sore feet causes, how to find relief, and what sore feet treatment options are best for you. In doing so, you will not have to suffer from sore feet for very long. The following are some common causes of sore feet:
- Heel Spurs – Bony projections that often appear internally on the bones of the heel. Heel Spurs are most often diagnosed through x-ray or MRI.
- Plantar Fasciitis – Pain and inflammation of the plantar fascia, which connects the bone of the heel to the toes.
- Sever’s Disease – Pain occurring in the heel of growing children, typically ages 11 - 15.
- Chaffing –Chafing is usually caused by any activity that requires skin to repeatedly rub against another area of skin or article of clothing. Moisture can worsen chafing.
- Blisters - A blister is an area of raised skin that appears to have a watery liquid inside.
- Improper Footwear – Pain that is associated with wearing sandals because they offer no structural support to the foot.
Many foot ailments can be treated at home, but you should seek out medical attention if you are seeing wounds that aren't healing, experiencing persistent pain and swelling, cannot bear weight on the foot, or experience severe numbness or tingling.
Sore Aching Feet Symptoms
We use our feet every day, whether to exercise, work, or simply get from place to place. Sore aching feet symptoms are most commonly caused by overexertion, but some symptoms may be signs of a developing stress injury. Sore, aching feet might cause these specific symptoms:
- A dull ache in the arch of the foot
- Tenderness, soreness, or swelling of the heel or ball of the foot
- A sharp pain in the toes or the joints
- Throbbing or popping of the ankle
- Steady pain along the sides of the feet
Most foot pain is a sign of overworked feet from such activities as staying on your feet for too long or an increase in exercise intensity.
How to Achieve Sore Feet Relief
Achieving sore feet relief can be done a variety of ways. One way includes speaking to a physician to find out what caused your pain and what they recommend for the pain. Another way includes wearing the proper arch support for your feet anytime you are walking, running, jogging, or otherwise on your feet. Massaging your feet after strenuous activities, or allowing yourself take a break when you feel any soreness are other ways in which you can find relief for your sore feet. In addition, you may seek medication or creams for your sore feet relief.
Sore Feet Treatment
To really find the sore feet relief you are looking for, you should check out one or more of the following sore feet treatment options recommended by the medical professionals at Medi-Dyne:
- Tuli’s® Cheetahs – A product that provides support and protection for the feet during activities that put extreme amounts of pressure on the feet, such as dancing or gymnastics.
- Tuli’s® Heavy Duty Heel Cups, Polar Bears, or Gaitors – Products that provide users with the best in cushioned comfort and arch support for everyday activities or extracurricular activities.
- Tuli’s® DiamondBacks – A product that offers users a unique cushioned support for the arch, creating perfect balance and comfort in any shoe.
- Soft Moves™ Heel Cushion or Ball of Foot Cushion – Products that are designed to make any footwear more comfortable through better shock absorbency.
- Skin-on-Skin® – The most comfortable protection for the feet against chaffing, blisters, and other minor dermal abrasions. Available in different sizes for the most customized relief.
Stretch & Strengthen
- ProStretch Plus™ – A product that offers a deep stretch for pain relief from heel spurs, plantar fasciitis, and Sever’s disease.
- 2Toms BlisterShield - Creates a frictionless surface on your foot that reduces heat build-up, moisture, and blister formation. It repels moisture to keep skin dry and blister-free, while also reducing discomfort.