What is Heel Pain?
Millions of people each year suffer from heel pain. Many of those don’t understand heel pain causes and will often not seek proper heel pain treatment. Heel pain is often directly related to plantar fasciitis. Plantar fasciitis is an inflammation of the plantar fascia that, when addressed early, can be easily treated. Check out some heel pain exercises that can help your heel pain.
Heel Pain Causes
One of the most common heel pain causes is a condition called plantar fasciitis. The tendons, ligaments, muscles, and joints in the feet all work together to allow you to move your feet to walk or run. When the plantar fascia, or the arch of the foot, is overused or injured, pain is felt in the heel. The most common heel pain causes include:
Heel Pain Symptoms
Some of the most common heel pain symptoms include:
- Pain that begins dull and progressively gets worse
- Pain that is worse in the morning when you take your first steps
- A stabbing feeling when you put pressure on the heel
- Swelling or tenderness around the ankle and plantar fascia
- Stiffness in the foot, specifically the heel and ankle
Heel Pain Treatment
The good news is that many individuals who suffer from plantar fasciitis or other similar issues have found relief through finding the proper heel pain treatment methods. At Medi-Dyne, we provide the top options to get you back on your feet.
- Tuli’s® Cheetahs – Cheetahs offer the ultimate in heel support for individuals who put a lot of strain on their heels, such as dancers and gymnasts.
- Tuli’s® Heavy Duty Heel Cups – While they work as immediate relief options, Heavy Duty Heel Cups also provide long-term healing with ultimate support.
- Tuli’s® DiamondBacks – DiamondBacks are uniquely designed with waffle gel and an arch support that gives users balance, comfort, and needed support.
- Tuli’s® Polar Bears – Polar Bears provide the most relief for heel spurs with a shock absorbent waffle that cradles your heel.
- Tuli’s® Gaitors – Gaitors enhance the arch support and cushion the heel for comfort while walking, running, or other similar activities.
- SoftMoves™ Heel Cushion– These products are specifically designed to absorb the impact on the heel, providing comfort in any shoe.
Stretch and Strengthen
ProStretch Plus™ – The ProStretch Plus offers a deep stretch to the inter-connective chain in the body, which includes the plantar fascia. This delivers the pain relief needed for heel pain.