Every day we are putting pressure on our feet and with the wrong shoes, bad posture, or health problems, this can begin to cause considerable pain. There are many types of foot pain and many reasons for it. Whether your pain is acute or chronic, you need relief. Medi-Dyne has a number of products to soothe your aching feet, no matter where the issue is. Please see our foot pain exercises for more information on how to ease your pain.
Causes of Foot Pain
- Arch Pain- The most common cause of arch pain is plantar fasciitis. Plantar fasciitis is inflammation of the fibrous band of tissue that connects the heel to the toes. Sufferers of plantar fasciitis typically feel pain early in the morning when they first get out of bed.
- Plantar Fasciitis- Millions of people suffer from plantar fasciitis each year. People with plantar fasciitis often describe an incredible pain in their heel when they take their first steps in the morning or after being seated for a while, a sharp stabbing heel pain, or a feeling like they are stepping on a small stone.
- Ball of Foot Pain- There is a protective pad of fat that cushions the metatarsal heads at the balls of your feet. This cushion typically provides the shock absorption the body needs to avoid pain, but this is not always the case. Many factors, including the wearing-away of this cushion due to age or overuse, can cause ball-of-foot pain (often referred to as metatarsalgia).
- Blisters- A blister is an area of raised skin that appears to have a watery liquid inside. Chafing is usually caused by any activity that requires skin to repeatedly rub against another area of skin or article of clothing. Moisture can worsen chafing. The most common symptom of chafing is a painful stinging or burning sensation.
- Tired Aching Feet- Your feet and ankles are designed to bear weight. The 33 joints, 107 ligaments, 19 muscles and 26 bones in your feet are capable of adjusting to almost any terrain. Also, the padding in the feet is designed to absorb shock. But the one thing your feet aren't supposed to do is hurt. Yet 75% of Americans will experience foot health problems during their lives.
Foot Pain Symptoms
Your feet are incredibly complex machines, and when something goes wrong, it can be difficult to pinpoint the exact source of your pain. The first step to properly treating foot pain symptoms is to identify the location of your discomfort. Foot pain can manifest in any of the following ways:
- Heel pain: a sharp, shooting pain especially present when you walk or after you've been sitting
- Arch pain: a burning pain along the bottom of the foot
- Ball of Foot pain: Soreness or tenderness in the muscle pad just behind your toes
- General aches and pains
- Sharp pains along injured muscle tissue
The feet can be susceptible to stress injuries like any other body part, and if you're on your feet for most of your day, pay close attention to any pains that appear. They may be signs of more serious problems.
Foot Pain Treatment
There are many ways that foot pain is treated, and treatments often vary based on the severity of the injury. For acute and minor cases; rest, ice, and stretching at home may do the trick. Medi-Dyne offers many products that can help promote healing as well as prevent foot pain from occurring again. However, if the pain or injury is severe, you may need to seek treatment from a medical professional. A physician may modify your activity level, prescribe corrective footwear, or use various therapies to help circulation and healing. Many of our products are highly recommended by doctors to help you get through the healing process with minimal pain and prevent future foot problems.
- Tuli’s® RoadRunners – These replacement insoles absorb and return impact energy for long lasting support for even the toughest sports players and runners.
For foot pain solutions you can shop our online store, or give us a call for more information.