Arm pain can be both uncomfortable and inconvenient. Arm pain can significantly limit your physical activities. Understanding what the arm pain causes and symptoms are should help you to take the proper steps necessary to treat the pain. See our arm pain exercises for more information.
Arm Pain Causes
Arm pain causes include:
- Household activities that involve excessive, repetitive arm motion, such as gardening, sweeping, etc.
- Sports that involve that same repetitive arm motion such as tennis, swimming, golfing, etc.
As people participate in these activities, their muscles can become shortened, which is a prerequisite for strains and tears in the arm.
Symptoms for Arm Pain
There are multiple types of arm pain injuries that will need treatment. Symptoms for each type of injury are as follows:
- Tennis Elbow – Increasing pain, stiffness, and weakness surrounding the outer area of the elbow when performing simple tasks such as holding a mug or shaking hands.
- Swimmer’s Elbow – A slow increase of pain that occurs in the muscles and tendons of the forearm that makes your grip weak and offers a burning sensation on the elbow.
- Golfer’s Elbow – Pain surrounding the inner portion of the elbow, possibly even extending down the inside of the forearm.
- Upper Arm Pain – Pain, soreness, or tenderness of the arm between the elbow and the shoulder.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome – Numbness and/or tingling in the fingers and/or hands, as well as pain extending from the wrist to the shoulder, and weakness.
- Wrist Pain – Symptoms range from a dull, small pain to sharp, stabbing pain in the location of the wrist.
- Wrist Tendonitis – Dull pain when moving the wrist, tenderness, and possible mild swelling.
- Elbow Tendonitis – Difficulty extending the forearm, as well as persistent pain between the elbow and the wrist on the outside of the arm.
Arm Pain Treatment
Getting proper arm pain treatment is essential to being able to participate in the activities you love the most for many years to come. Whether you feel pain in your shoulders, your elbows, or your wrists, speak to your physician today to learn more about arm pain treatment options that will help you. When you are looking for arm pain treatment, you are typically searching for immediate relief, but long term healing is a critical component to ensuring you regain full strength.
- Cho-Pat® Upper Arm Strap – Prevents the muscles and tendons from pulling and tearing during activities such as swimming.
- Cho-Pat® Tennis Elbow Support – Supports the forearm tendons and muscles during a practice or game of tennis and other related activities.
- Cho-Pat® Biceps Strap – Protects the muscles and tendons in the area of the bicep during activities involving repetitive movement of the bicep.
- Cho-Pat® Wrist Support – Supports the wrist and relieves pressure that is commonly caused by weak wrists, carpal tunnel, and other similar ailments.
Long Term Healing
Stretch & Strengthen
- StretchRite® – Improves flexibility of the shoulders and elbows, giving the arm a deep stretch to prevent future injuries. It is commonly used for swimmer’s elbow and other similar injuries.
- RangeRoller XL™ – Delivering targeted massage for shoulders/swimmer’s elbow, the RangeRoller XL provides relief for muscle pain, tension, and soreness.
How to Prevent Arm Pain
“An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.” – Benjamin Franklin In the case of arm pain prevention this is perhaps one of the most important points to remember, especially if you are actively involved in an activity or task that requires the repetitive motion of your arm. Proper arm pain prevention includes using Cho-Pat® products during your activities, as well as giving your arms a proper stretch before and after the activities with StretchRite®. Getting enough rest and drinking plenty of water also helps your body to stay in the best health possible. Whether you are suffering from arm pain or looking to prevent it, we also recommend a few easy arm pain exercises .